7.12.2004

My 1000th post is coming up, and it's really made me start to think. The thinking (dangerous as it is) has led to the planning of the following pity party.

Of course, you're all invited boys and girls, so grab your favorite bottle of hard liquor and meet me down at the docks, we're going to get us some sailors. `Cause nothing says 'Good Times' like booze and sea men!

The thing is, is I've been here for four years now. I've been relatively consistent for those four years too. Alright, so maybe I don't post 20 times a day, or I'm not totally eloquent. Maybe I don't have earth shattering insights or I don't make you spew your soda out on your screen with mirth, but geesh. You'd think after four years I'd have more comments!

I have one here or there, and sure my posts really aren't the commentable type, but you'd think I'd have more. How do some of these people get dozens? I don't even have that many readers!

I just want comments! I just want to be loved! Cherished! Stalked even! I'm not asking for much, just adore me and will me your riches so that even after you die I can buy myself that cute skirt I need thanks to your love.

It's not that much to ask is it?

Excuse me now why I go cry on the shoulder of my good friend Ruffles because he loves me with all his salty little heart.

A haiku:

I stood on the beach.
It was only a moment,
but it was still good.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 75

No comments: