7.17.2005

If you're a "writer" like me, or even a real writer who isn't pathetic and sad, then I'm sure (like me) you enjoy finding and trying new writing tools. I know I do. Anything at all that can possibly help me be less sucky and more organized - even if I know it's not possible at all - is good in my book.

I'm on the hunt for anything that will help me better organize my little plots into something coherent and less scary. Especially since (yeah, here it comes) NaNoWriMo starts in just a few months. You can never be too organized for that thing. I've tried the flying from the seat of your panties approach, and it just doesn't work for me.

So yesterday I downloaded the trial of Writer's Cafe, software that has all sorts of neat tools in it. Like plot cards that you can drag and drop along plot lines to help you organize your story, and a notebook, and a journal, and a visual story plotter, oh, and games. Games are good. I heart things that distract me from actually writing help me get inspired. One of the little 'games' they have is magnetic poetry, which of course, I spent hours doing.



Ah, the joys of being easily entertained.

They also have writing prompts, and a whole buch of other stuff. I encourage you to download the free trial and give it a go. It's pretty basic, and way easy to use, and I like it so far. It has lots more bells and whistles then Vault, the program I normally use does. All in all, it has the potential of being a highly useful tool, it is fun, and distracting. A win-win!

HotD:

I am not a sheep.
Harry Potter is good reads,
I can't help it, yo.

No comments: