7.15.2005

One Word is a quicky writing exercise where you have sixty seconds to write something about the single word that is given to you. The word changes daily. I decided to start posting my blurbs to my blog (after all, isn't that what my blog is for? Violating the expanses of the internet with my dribble?) and I encourage you to One Word along with me, it's a ton of fun. Plus, it's good practice to get in the writing groove for NaNoWriMo. Yes, I had to throw that in there.

Today's Word: Unfold


He stat, completely focused on the mound of earth in front of him, oblivious to the frantic rushing bodies and drifting voices in the room around him. It was just him and the muse of the clay, whispering its shape with quiet urgency. Sculpting with nimble fingers, he pushed, pulled, and smoothed the pungent sulfur-smelling argil until, finally, a small, delicate pot unfolded in his hands.

Trackback or leave a comment if you do this as well, I'd love to see what you write!

HotD:

Art is so awesome.
Paying out the nose for art,
Maybe not so much.

No comments: