6.26.2001

Afternoon!

So, I'm sitting here updating my journal really quick before the mean boss-lady comes and catches me and forces me back to work in the evil drone mines of the Childcare Kingdom. Each day I hope I'll get some tainted paste and end it all...but alas.


I just got done making some new name tags for the Cubby/Hook wall for each of the kids. The old ones we had were falling down, and out of date. So, wonderfully creative me remade them all. Now I'm covered in glitter. ::beam:: It's nap time...


and of course I'm super-dee-duper happy about that one. It's actually almost quiet! `Sept for the kids outside. Their batteries never run down...::sigh::


Speaking of kids outside! My sibs came back with their visit to their dad Sunday. My sister came over to see me, and when I opened the door she burst into tears. I guess she had a bad time. So, she told me ALL about her trip while I got ready for work (which, I mean, is like...getting dressed and walking across the street to the damn classroom thing attached to my moms house...wooopdie right?) and she gave me a present!


Soap and shampoo she snatched from their suite at the coast. Yes, they stayed in a suite (That's not suprising, so did we, what suprises me is they LET them stay in one. ::hides:: Kidding. Yes, she brought ME the soap AND shampoo, Oh...I'm just...all a flutter with joy.


I was like...thanks, I see you spared no expense. And here I went out of my way to buy her a present when I was down at the coast. Sheesh, can you not feel the love?

::grin:: Nah, I was flattered. I think I'll start a soap collection...so here goes! For ALL of you going away this summer (MIKE!) please send me A SOAP and a POSTCARD! I'll love you forever and ever and ever, or at least until I get a new hobby.


BBQing a roast tonight...I love the way a BBQ smells when you first light it. Maybe it's the fluid I like...not that I've ever actually opened a bottle of lighter fluid and smelled it to see. I think I'll pass. I've only got one brain cell, and I need it.

I noticed the comments actually worked for me when I checked them this morning. I wonder why they wouldn't work last night? Probably all Casses fault! She jinked me! ::giggles::


I should get back to work. Oh, and would you just look at that, I'm all out of root beer, I can not work without that. Gee wiz...I had better go and get some. ::cough::

No comments: