6.26.2001

WARNING! Don't play with Ouiji Boards Your Nose WILL FALL OFF!



It's true, it happened to a friend of a friend of my cousins best friends dog sitter's sister in law twice removed.


Honest, I wouldn't lie to you


I've gotten a good four letters this week proclaming the evils of Ouiji boards, and spirit boards in general. I disagree.

In fact, I LIKE Ouiji boards, especally the one we have the glows in the dark.

I've never been possessed (Ignore that pea soup folks), never had strange hauntings that vary from the NORMAL hauntings in my house, never had any glowing eyes stare down from the ceiling, never had Satan proclaim my soul to be his, (Sorry buddy, my soul belongs to me, keep on movin') Never had strange smells invade my home (Unless you count the kitty litter box), I've never had my head spin around and quite frankly I never want it to, I've never had my board scream (Then again I've never tried to burn/break it, that's a waste of money), I HAVE done it alone, and obviously I've lived to tell about it. (Unless of course I'm just a demon now and I'm play-acting so none of you are the wiser.)


Anyway, people rant and rave saying Ouiji boards open gateways to spirit worlds and cause demon possession. What people DON'T understand, is spirits are ALL around you ALL the time. AND THEY ARE NOT DEMONS! (I'm not keen on the idea of viewing my dead loved ones as bile spitting neitherworld creatures wanting to eat my head. It's not flattering.) Sure, they (The Ghosties) might be attracted from down the street from the energy of the board, but you don't just open a vortex and poof your house is full of spirits.
Your house is full of spirits right now.


The people who yell and scream about Ouiji boards are the same ones that condemn anyone with any slight abilities at all. (Maybe they're all a bunch of PDK's and their jealous? PDK= Psychic Doorknob)


I'm not denying if done wrong you can make all sorts of problems for yourself. Just in all my time of using them, I've never had anything fly off the shelves, attack me, posses me, or try and steal the cheese from my fridge.
A toy? No, it's not a toy. Use some common sense people! Don't go around asking for something icky poo to talk to you.
Using it in graveyards/haunted houses? YOUR HOUSE IS HAUNTED! Not all the time in some cases, but I'm willing to bet you you've got one energy in your house every day, even if it's just visiting. So, there goes the haunted house theory. (Unless you mean big houses with constant energy? That's fine too. ::rolls her eyes:: My house has constant energy...in fact I came home last night and all my doors in my house were half shut. I thought it was kind of kewl.) Graveyards? I don't find graveyards forboding or anything...I've used them in graveyards....no, not in the middle of the night dressed in black, duh. I'm not a freak, thank you.

Doing it alone? I do it alone all the time. (Oh ha ha) As long as you say a little prayer before you start, don't use it in places YOU don't feel safe using them and don't talk to anything that dosen't feel good to you, I don't think you'll be Linda Blarin' on any of us any time soon.


Just my humble opinion, of course.


No comments: