9.07.2004

Once again we witness the final gasping gurgle of death from Summer. Today, and I write this with glee, is the first day of school for all the short cheese smelling little children here. This makes me very, very happy. Of course it means that I'm so much closer to my own classes starting, but I'm going to go with the theory that if I don't think about it, it won't ever get here.

In order to completely waste the last day of summer in style, I spent it doing absolutely nothing constructive with my younger sister. For a Freshman, she's pretty cool. She's completely nervous about starting her first year of High School, so I comforted her by announcing how many hours was left until she had to get up in the morning. I think it really helped.

I wrapped her hair for her. I used pink/white/variegated pink thread. So at the top of the wrap, the thread is a very pale pink, but as you go down it turns into this deep pink. I ended it with pink beads and a dangle heart charm. I don't get the whole pink thing myself, but she liked it. I'll snap a picture of it when she comes home. I don't mind doing it every once in a while, but I don't think I'd do them at like Saturday markets or anything, because it's tedious and would drive me bonkers. Although, you can charge disgusting amounts for it, which almost offsets the having to work with squirming sticky children part.

Then we mostly just sat around with glazed looks watching HSN and poking fun at the telesellerists that are on there. It amuses me to no end that everything they sell from throw rugs to watches are made out to be the one thing you can't live without.

"If you're having a bad day, you can look down at your floor at this velveteen Elvis throw rug, and your entire life makes sense again! You realize you do matter! It puts it all back into perspective! Amazing! Hurry, because there are only 10 for each state left."

A haiku:


Oh! Nice warm weather,
I curse you now but alas,
I will miss you soon.


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 23

No comments: