8.23.2001

I'm kind of on the angry side. (Which, is a strange thing for me, because I'm not angry often.)


I am a co-owner of a Childcare/Preschool...two weeks ago we had a couple skip out on a 900 dollar bill.


Now...they left because they picked him up once and we was wet. (I've never claimed to be perfect. When I've got a half a dozen kids in there that SHOULD be potty trained and aren't...sometimes I just get really sick of changing diapers. Wait..wait..offical press statement time:

::clears her throat:: ::steps up to the podeum::
"Ladies and Gentlemen of The United States Of America. I never claimed to be perfect. I. Never. Claimed. To. Be. Perfect. I know it's a sad, hard day for all of you when I make it officaly clear that I am not superwoman, can't fly, and sometimes wash lights with darks, but you must cope! Life must go on"

...blaaaaah blah blah....tears, microphone squeals, people fainting...ect...ect...all done.
)


They came BACK after they made a big deal about it, and marked the diapers with numbers. Well, the last diaper of the day had a 3 on it, so me being me, I added a couple zeros and a smile.


I guess they don't have a sense of humor.


Anyway, they never came back. Three phone calls, one notice of turning over to collections letter and a collection agency later, the state shows up this morning with a 'complaint'


(I wasn't here, I'm just repeating what I was told, and what was on the 'complaint')


So these people, called the state, said we smeared fecies (FECIES!) all over the walls in the classroom and had it all over in the playarea. That we had holes all over on the floor and hid them with throw rugs, we have the TV on more then 2 hours a day (and we do, it's a new 'suprise law' from the state, but they can kiss my pretty white...). That we transport without permission and no child seats (lol...yeah...we go to bars) and that we just let kids sit in dirty diapers all day. (We've got three of the SMELLIEST little girls, if you don't change them the second they do that, you die. I'm not kidding.)


So, one of the biggest Oregon State Childcare loopholes?:


IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY YOUR BILL, CALL THE STATE AND GET YOUR CHILDCARE FREE


It works too, because the state protects who calls (So you can't charge them with slander or anything), comes out and checks you right away, and can put you in jail for six months because you might have one kid that's a year over your age limit, or because omigod, you have people coming and going because holy fuck, you're a childcare.


Then they say "Well, we don't want you collecting anyway, because you're just a childcare, and you should do this for free."
Then, the parents never have to pay, and run to the next provider and do it again, and again, and again and again. And the state wonders why we're so angry.


I hate this job.

No comments: