1.06.2005

Lane (that's the sister) is refusing her surgery on her hand. So her doctor wants to set the entire thing in a cast of some sort, so she can use it as a weapon in school can't move it.

Why won't she go through the surgery? Because she doesn't want to wake up with an I.V. in her arm. Now, I hate needles as much as the next person, and I've been known to feel a little faint when they pull out the harpoon, especially when they start collapsing my veins. But really, is not having the surgery because there will be an I.V. in your arm worth never being able to properly hold a pencil to write foul words on bathroom stalls again? I don't think so, but hey, it's not my body.

If her choice is to try having it set and keeping it immobile for months then I support her. I hope that this works for her, and doesn't make it so that when she plays Volleyball in the future (she wants to do it professionally, I don't get it, but then again, I'm not really a sporty girl) that it doesn't lead to more serious injury.

Update on the apartment (because I know you all were hanging on the edges of your seat) I should know by tomorrow night if I got it. Well, let me rephrase that: I got the apartment, I should know by tomorrow night if my credit is so non-existent that I need a co-signer. I'm really hoping not, because last time I checked, my credit was good enough for Sprint to give me my cellphone without demanding a wad of cash soaked in a bucket of goats blood. Just keep those piggies crossed a teensy bit longer for me, alright?

HotD:


Ravioli soup.
You are so very tasty,
And good for me too.

No comments: