1.01.2005

So the fantastic Wesboro Baptist Church released another press release today akin to that thanking their god for the death of 2,000 dead Swedes (you can read it here, if you want to be sick to your stomach). Today they released another one again thanking their god for the death of 3,000 Americans. Personally, I'm hoping my God (because mine sure as hell ain't theirs) gives them a good shaking in the middle of the night and knocks some sense in their tiny marble-sized bigoted brains.

The other night I was flipping through channels and it landed on TBN. For those of you who don't know, The Trinity Broadcasting Network is like the largest Christian TV broadcast thingie on the planet. Sometimes I leave it there because it's fascinating to see how people who have been brainwashed by tainted organized religion behave. I've got nothing against religion, organized or not, or God, but there are far too many lines that are being blurred and crossed and far too much hate and irrationality being spewed by people who claim to be "God Loving Christians".

Anyway, Paul Crouch, one of the founders of TBN was doing some sort of bible study on the Kings of Israel and he was talking about how it was a fascinating study because the Kings changed so much. First there would be a King who would force everyone to worship idols and would taint the land and then God would uprise a new King that would banish the idols and return the people to Jehovah. The guy sitting with him sat up excitedly and said "Oh! Like the United States!" You know, Bush being the chosen son of God and all. I got a bruise from falling off my bed. I guess I laughed too hard.

With more and more people thinking it's ok to behave like the scary Baptists. We're in a doozy of a pickle, boys and girls, and it's just going to get worse. Personally, I'm thinking Canada wouldn't be so bad after all. I can always get extra gloves.

No comments: