4.08.2005

There is a show at the Planetarium on campus tonight, anyone want to go with me? Everyone I've asked is either busy or said they could and then couldn't, and I don't want to go alone. It's my whole doing things alone thing. I don't get it either.

It should be cool though, according to the colleges website:

"A Planetarium presentation titled Hubble Vision II has been held over for the next three Friday nights (April 1 and April 8, at 7:30 p.m.), as public interest has been more than what could be accommodated during winter term showings.

The Hubble Space Telescope has "given new eyes to astronomers," said Planetarium coordinator Tom McDonough. He noted that the powerful telescope can image planets, stars and galaxies like no other telescope.

"This device alone has answered fundamental questions about the nature and origin of the universe," he continued. "Join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of this most extraordinary optical instrument."

As a part of the presentation, theater-goers will spend time looking at the night sky of these winter months."


Is that cool or what? I'm seriously excited. I've never been to the Planetarium before either, and it's sad, because my office is five yards away from it. I probably walk past it two or three dozen times a day. It's always been one of those things I've meant to do but just never have, which is a bad habit to get into.

Tickets start selling at 7, and they don't let people in after show time, so if you want to go, give me a call. Whee! Stars!

HotD:


It is Friday, yay!
The weekend is glorious,
But over too soon.

No comments: