8.27.2004

Is anyone else (besides those of you who are members of TCB Wrimos and I already know about) doing NaNoWriMo this year? Only 65 days to go, boys and girls! Plenty of time to get some plot notes pounded out.

For those of you who don't know. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, where in you panically write a 50,000 word novel in the 31 days that November hath. You can't pre-write anything, but you are allowed to make plot outlines and notes. It's insane, but major fun. Sign ups open on October 1st. You should join. Yes, I'm pimping.

If you are joining, and want to join TCB Wrimos, a NaNo group, you're more then welcome. The group is pretty small (there are only about 10 people right now), and we can't get you free medication for the month of November, or save you money on your car insurance, but we are very friendly and supportive.

I've already got the plot, 90% of my characters, and a whole slew of notes. So I'm pretty confidant in my story this year. Hopefully I make it to the finish line. I haven't won in two years, and it's really got me down. (See: pathetic) What I really need is a secluded island and a harem of Cabana boys at my beck and call. That'll get me writing.

Hey - the 1000th post is coming up shortly. Any suggestions on what it should be?

A haiku:


Kittens everywhere.
One in my file cabinet,
how did it get there?


Posts until IBOM's 1000th post: 33

No comments: