7.28.2006

Blogathon begins tomorrow at 6 AM. I had a very awesome shtick planned but it fell through, but I knew it would, so it doesn't matter. Maybe next year, but most likely not. It's too hard to coordinate people. Instead, I shall fall back on the good old stand by, watching hours of crappy anime and reviewing it for your reading pleasure. I do this for two reasons:

1) Anime is fun, because cartoons are fun.

and

2) It's totally easy and Lazy Jamie Approved, because all you have to do is watch hours of shows and then write a review on them.

There may, at some point during the 'Thon, be guest posters, which shall add a funness to the boringness that will be my blog for the weekend. If you'd like to sponsor me, you still can, and can do so up to 48 hours after the event. Just click on the link to the right, if ya please.

For those of you who care, and I doubt any of you do, this is how this sucker works: I picked 11 anime at random (with a few suggestions from friends) and will be watching the first 5 episodes of each of those series. The first 5, because I find that you can pretty much get the feel of an anime by the first 5 episodes, especially if it's only 13 or 24 episodes long. Each episode is roughly 24 minutes long, and about 19 minutes if you skip opening/ending themes, so you can fit about 3 episodes to an hour, so to play it safe, we're going to dedicate two hours to each series.

This, if you're math inclined, comes out to about 9 and 1/2 or 10 series, but because some may be shorter, and because I may get sick of opening themes and skip them, we may be able to fit more in, so view the 11th as insurance.

Each episode gets an intro post with some info, reviews on each episode, and a recap post with overall thoughts. I also will be posting mp3's of opening and ending themes for those who want to download them. All downloads are from AnimeSuki. I heart.

If you'd like to watch the anime with me, or are just so terribly hard up for something to do, and want to know what I'm watching when, here is the official 'Thon 2006 Geeky Anime Watching Schedule:

6:00 to 8:00 - The Third
Classified as 'Adventure' and 'Science Fiction' which is always a fun way to start the day. Downloadable here via Bit Torrent.

8:00 to 10:00 - Akagi
Is in the 'Sports' category, but is actually about Mahjong, which doesn't technically cut it as a sport for me, which is why I got it. Downloadable here.

10:00 to 12:00 - Lemon Angel Project
Animesuki has this one as 'music'. Yay. Music. Downloadable here.

12:00 to 2:00 - Onmyou Taisenki
This one is 'action', whatever that means. And no, I don't think it's the down-and-dirty kind of action, pervert. Downloadable here.

2:00 to 4:00 - Karin
Karin is 'vampires' but I'm familiar with the series, so it should also be 'romance' and 'comedy' because it's awesome. Awesome I say. Downloadable here.

4:00 to 6:00 - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
'Action' and 'Magical Girl' another series I am familiar with that is really good. Why am I watching it? Because people who are coming to the Blogathon to watch anime need to watch this one. Because I said. Downloadable here.

6:00 to 8:00 - Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo!! Masarusan
I did not pick this one! Cory did because it has sexy in the title. It's a 'comedy' according to AnimeSuki. We'll see. I mean, it's not like I don't trust you, Cor, or anything...lol. Seriously, it looks cute. Downloadable here.

8:00 to 10:00 - Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san
Also Cory's pick. It's 'Comedy' 'Magical Girl' and 'Shoujo'. Yay! I love Shoujo anime! Downloadable here.

10:00 to 12:00 - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
This is the one I'm most looking forward to. It's 'Drama' 'Game' and 'Mystery' according to AnimeNFo. According to reviews it's horror. Mmmm...horror. Perfect to watch this time of night! Downloadable here.

12:00 to 2:00 - Inukami!
I've been told this is funny. 'Harem' and 'Ecchi' which means I'm going to hate it. I mean, I shouldn't judge it before I watch it, it might be good. Right? Right? Downloadable here.

2:00 to 4:00 - The Snow Queen
This one is 'Fantasy' and 'Novel' according to AnimeNFo. Yay. Downloadable here.

4:00 to 6:00 - Bomberman Jetters
Based on the game Bomberman, this one is classified as 'Game' 'Action' and 'Comedy'. Nice way to end the 'Thon, on a fun note! Downloadable here.

I don't expect to get through all the series, because it's been my experience in doing this that I never do. Usually about the 10th series with all the review writing and distractions the 'Thon is over. However, this year I am absolutely set on finishing them all. This is why you should sponsor me! Sponsor us with the faith that we will melt our eyeballs out of our head by watching 55 episodes of different, random, possibly bad anime in 24 hours.

C'mon, that has to be worth something.

HotD:

The ickyness lives.
I need to clean the fridge man,
It's growing in there.

No comments: